Cuban Black Beans
Trying to work meatless meals into your routine? A pot of hearty, healthy beans makes a satisfying dish -- and leftovers for tomorrow. Use them in Black-Bean Burgers with Pickled Onions or Cheesy Tortillas with Black-Bean Puree.
Serve with cilantro, tomato, and rice for a meal that's good for you -- and your budget.
To store, refrigerate, up to 5 days, or freeze, up to 6 months; you'll need 4 cups beans for each of the following recipes.
Bean Bonanza! More Ideas For Your Big Batch
- Lightly mash and thin with broth to make a soup.
- Puree with canned chipotle chiles and use as a dip for chips or a spicy spread on a grilled-chicken sandwich.
- Top crisp lettuce or shredded cabbage salads with warmed beans.
- Stir some beans and salsa into scrambled eggs.
- Spoon beans and sour cream on a baked potato.