Calendula-Infused Soy Oil
- 1/2 cup dried calendula flowers
- 3/4 to 1 cup organic soybean oil
- Vitamin E oil
- Orange essence oil
Calendula-Infused Soy Oil How-To
- Place flowers in an 8-ounce Mason jar; pour in soybean oil until jar is nearly full. Drizzle with Vitamin E oil and mix with a wooden stirrer. Seal jar tightly.
- Place in a paper bag or cool, dark cupboard for at least two weeks to let herbs infuse the oil.
- With a wire mesh strainer, strain oil into a sterilized jar. Strain again through a cheesecloth or coffee filter.
- Drizzle finished oil with 2 to 3 drops orange essence oil, if desired.
Infused soy oil is available for purchase from Farmaesthetics.
In the show they used almond oil rather than soy, which is a much better option as most soy is genetically modified and you don't want to be absorbing that into your body. Also, most Vitamin E is genetically modified, so be sure to use organic there as well.