Floral designers Remco Van Vliet and his half brother, Cas Trap, show us how to create a fishbowl garden.
Tools and Materials
- Tree peonies
- Asparagus ferns
- Lotus pods
- Scabiosa seed heads
- Pitcher plant flowers
Fishbowl Garden How-To
1. Fit the bottom of a fishbowl with a large round floral frog, and surround it with a base of echeveria.
2. Add aeonium rosettes.
3. Pour in water to a depth of 2 inches.
4. Place 2 or 3 short tree-peony and paphiopedilum blossoms around the perimeter.
5. Cut ferns and stems of lotus pods to varying lengths, and insert them in the frog, rotating bowl to check balance.
6. Add scabiosa seed heads and pitcher plant flowers.
7. Finish with one tall tree peony.