Martha Stewart Crafts Lion Brand® Yarn Alpaca Blend Loom-Woven Houndstooth-Check Scarf
Source: Martha Stewart
About 7 inches by 80 inches (18 cm by 203 cm)
- MARTHA STEWART CRAFTSTM/MC LION BRAND® YARN ALPACA BLEND (Art. #5500) #549 Mourning Dove 2 balls (A), #526 Darjeeling 2 balls (B), or colors of your choice
- MARTHA STEWART CRAFTSTM/MC LION BRAND® YARN Knit & Weave Loom Kit
Each piece equals about 7 inches by 20 inches (18 by 51 cm).
Exact gauge is not essential to this project.
- Four identical pieces are woven for Scarf. Each piece is woven using the same warp setup and each has the same number of rows.
- Follow loom manual instructions on WEAVING for how to set up the warp, weave the weft, and remove weaving from the loom.
- Warp is set up in stripes, following manual for warp setup.
Use the following pieces:
(2) 36-hole pieces
(4) 12-hole pieces
(4) 6-hole pieces
(4) corner pieces
Connect pieces to form a large rectangle as follows:
36-hole piece > 12-hole piece > 6-hole piece > corner piece > 12-hole piece > 6-hole piece > corner piece > 36-hole piece > 12-hole piece > 6-hole piece > corner piece > 12-hole piece > 6-hole piece > corner piece
Insert 59 small pegs along each long side, 23 small pegs along each short side of assembled loom pieces (164 working pegs placed). Place a contrast color large peg in upper right-hand corner for slip knot.
Following diagram for color, set up the warp across the 23 small pegs placed across each short end as follows:
*2 pegs with A, 2 pegs with B, repeat from * to last 3 pegs, warp last 3 pegs with A.
Weave the weft according to loom manual changing color as follows:
*2 rows with A, 2 rows with B, repeat from *.
SECOND TO FOURTH PIECES:
Work same as First Piece.
Thread yarn needle provided with loom with A and sew pieces together along short ends by whipstitching through both layers. With same needle, weave yarn ends into the fabric of the Scarf.
Every effort has been made to produce accurate and complete instructions. We cannot be responsible for variance of individual knitters or crocheters, human error, or typographical mistakes.
©2011 Lion Brand Yarn Company, all rights reserved.