Source: Martha Stewart
Tools and Materials
- Collapsible mesh tubes (we used Fiskars compost bins)
- Zip ties or twine
- 2 x 4 lumber and sawhorse brackets
- Bubble wrap
- Flame-retardant black plastic sheeting
- Wet yarn (optional)
- Water in spray bottles, foot pumps (optional)
Sensory Tunnel How-To
- Connect mesh tubes with zip ties or twine to make a tunnel. Stabilize tunnel with custom sawhorses made with 2 x 4 lumber and brackets.
- Line floor of tunnel with bubble wrap. Drape exterior of tunnel with plastic sheeting.
- (Optional) Hang bits of wet yarn from the top of the tunnel. Scare visitors as they navigate the tunnel with water from spray bottles and bursts of air from foot pumps.