Cauliflower "Mashed Potatoes"
Substitute this low-calorie, low-fat puree for mashed potatoes or use it as a building block for a variety of meals, such as Cauliflower Risotto.
Everyday Food, October 2011
Credit: Con Poulos
Recipe Summary test
- Quick ideas for using cauliflower puree:
- Add additional chicken or vegetable broth and let simmer for a satisfying soup.
- Mix with cream or milk, toss with pasta, and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Stir in more olive oil and fresh herbs and serve with crackers as a light dip.
- For simple ravioli, add roasted garlic; seal between wonton wrappers and cook.
- Spread on crostini and top with chive for an easy appetizer.