14 of the Best Moisturizing Products to Use at Night, According to Dermatologists
There are a number of good reasons why you should consider moisturizing your skin overnight. Whether you're often scrambling to find the time for a little self-care or simply love to multi-task, experts say that the hours during which you're asleep are great for hydrating your skin and letting products sink really in. "Just like the brain, the skin repairs and regenerates itself overnight, so it's important to make [applying products at night] a habit," says Ashley Magovern, MD, the owner and founder of Manhattan Dermatology and Dermstore's medical director.
And since you're asleep, you won't be tempted to touch your face or otherwise interfere with any of the products you've applied—which means you'll reap their full benefits. "Allowing products to work while you sleep is beneficial for the hydration process because it allows the product to perform without disruption," says Howard Murad, MD, a dermatologist and the creator of his eponymous skin care brand.
The Best Moisturizing Products to Use at Night
- Sunday Riley ″Luna″ Sleeping Night Oil
- Jouer Cosmetics Overnight Conditioning & Repairing Lip Mask
- Dr. Murad ″Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisturizer″ Moisturizer
- Soap & Glory ″Hand Food″ Hand Cream
- Laneige Hypoallergenic Cica Sleeping Mask
- Orly Cuticle Therapy Creme
- La Roche Posay Lipikair Triple Repair Moisturizing Body Cream
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Facial Moisturizer
- Dr. Graf M.D. Rejuvenation Retinol Body Moisturizer
- Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid
- SkinCeuticals Renew Overnight Dry
- Skinbetter AlphaRet Overnight Cream
- Olay Regenerist Retinol24 Facial Moisturize
- Skinbetter Science EyeMax AlphaRet Overnight Cream
Ready to re-commit to properly moisturizing at night? Ahead, discover 14 expert-approved products that work hard to calm your dry, irritated skin while you sleep—so you can wake up looking and feeling your best.