The 10 Best Pieces of Safety Gear for Night Walkers
While walking can seem like a regular part of your day, setting aside time to go for a stroll can do more for your overarching wellness than you may realize. "Not walking regularly can lead to you feeling tired, sore, and achy—because our bodies were designed to move," says Cathy Spencer-Browning, the vice president of programming and training at MOSSA. "The less we move, the more we lose our strength and resilience, which can lead to detrimental health effects later down the road."
If you need to get moving, consider a few different activities. "Simple things you can do to get more walking in your day could include a quick night walk, parking your car farther from the entrance of the store, taking the stairs rather than an elevator or escalator, and taking breaks in your day to get up and move around for a few minutes," Spencer-Browning says. If you opt for a walk in the evening, you'll need to make sure you stay safe with gear readily available to wear and bring along for your exercise. Here, find the best safety gear to shop now for your next nighttime walk around the block.
Shop the Best Safety Gear for Night Walking
- Women's Bean Bright Multisport Vest
- Lululemon ″Fast and Free″ Running Belt
- General Medi Store Mini First Aid Kit
- Asics GEL-Nimbus 24 Lite-Show
- L.L.Bean Trailblazer Scout Headlamp
- Garmin Instinct 2 Solar
- Lululemon ″Fast and Free″ Run Armband
- Nike Running Hat and Gloves Set
- Ambidextrous Reflective Bands
- Loaded Edge Emergency Whistles with Lanyard