Exactly What You Need for Canning Summer Produce So It's at Peak Perfection All Year Long
Whether you are expecting a truckload of tomatoes from your garden this year and are excited to can them as sauce to last through winter, or you plan to make some extra special jams that you'll give as holiday gifts, if you're going to be canning it is important to have the right tools and canning supplies on hand to safely preserve your summer bounty.
Renee Pottle, who runs the preservation website Seed to Pantry, is an expert source for all things gardening, preserving, and cooking. In addition to providing expert guidance via her website, Pottle has written several cookbooks, including a tome on Water Bath Canning ($13.49, amazon.com). With her expertise on canning, we asked Pottle to share her favorite tools for preserving summer produce.
Best Canning Supplies for 2022
- Kerr Wide Mouth Pint-Size Mason Jars
- Bormioli Rocco Quattro 8-Ounce Jars
- Norpro Wide Mouth Plastic Funnel
- KitchenAid Silicone Ladle
- Norpro Canning Jar Lifter
- Granite Ware Enamel on Steel 21-Quart Stock Pot with Lid
- Granite Ware Canner Rack
- Favorite Pickling Salts: Morton Canning & Pickling Salt
- Best Jar Labels: Renee Pottle's Canning and Preserving Journal