10 Food Containers for Picnics That Will Keep Your Favorite Dishes from Spilling in Your Basket
One of the easiest ways to enjoy the outdoors when the weather gets warmer is by packing up your favorite foods and venturing to your local park, lake, or beach for a picnic. But before you can lay out a blanket and get snacking, you need to pack your menu carefully and just as important as the foods you bring with you is what you carry them in. You'll want containers that won't spill their contents, that fit efficiently into your bag, and that won't weigh you down.
"When thinking about food containers for your picnic, take into account how far you will be walking or hiking to your picnic spot," says Marie Viljoen, wild foods author and frequent picnic-maker. She adds that if you are driving, cycling, or carrying your backpack a short distance, weight isn't an issue, but lighter is better if you're traveling further than a mile. Other factors Viljoen looks for in picnic food containers is that they're functional, meaning they display the food nicely and are anti spill. She also likes containers that are stackable and aesthetically pleasing.
To help you make the most of your next picnic, we're highlighting some of our favorite shoppable food storage containers that will ensure you get to your picnic destination hassle free.
The Best Food Containers for Picnics
- U-Konserve Round Nesting Trio Stainless Steel Lunch Containers
- Weck Mold Jars, Set of 6
- Rubbermaid Brilliance Leak-Proof Food Storage Containers
- Sukki Stainless Steel Condiment Containers
- Stasher Silicone Reusable Storage Bag, 4-Pack
- Thermos Stainless King Vacuum-Insulated Food Jar with Spoon
- Ball Mason Wide Mouth Jars with Lids and Bands
- Blue Ginko Nesting Silicone Containers
- U-Konserve Stainless Steel Rectangle Food-Storage Bento Box Container
- Weck 741 Quarter-Liter Mold Jars with Lids