The 11 Best Closet Systems to Organize Your Clothes and Accessories
Some people dream of closets filled with designer clothes and shoes while other dream of simply having a closet neat enough that they can actually find their clothes and shoes. If you're in the latter camp (no judgment here!), then a closet system is the solution you need. Closet organizing systems are key to keeping your wardrobe, shoes, and accessories orderly. Whether you've got a roomy walk-in closet or a tiny corner in your studio apartment, there are a variety of different closet systems that can help you maximize whatever amount of space you have.
Of course, any organized closet gets its start with a good decluttering session. Once you successfully weed out things you don't use or wear anymore—like that broken vacuum or those old concert T-shirts from 10 years ago—you will be able to see how much you still have and what type of storage system you need.
We've done some of the leg work for you and whittled the storage search down to 11 of the best closet systems based on a variety of features and purposes. Happy organizing!
The Best Closet Organizer Systems
- Best Custom Closet System: The Home Depot
- Most Attractive Closet System: California Closets The Everyday System with Martha Stewart
- Best Pre-Designed Closet System: Modular Closets
- Best DIY-Friendly Closet System: EasyClosets
- Best Closet System for Kids: Little Seeds Grow With Me Adjustable Closet Organizer
- Best Reach-in Closet System: ClosetMaid Suite Symphony Closet Organizer
- Best for Shoes: ClosetMaid Stackable Five-Shelf Organizer
- Best Freestanding Closet System: Amazon Basics Expandable Organizer
- Best Adjustable Closet System: Rubbermaid FastTrack Wire Closet Kit
- Best Narrow Closet System: Dotted Line 15-Inch Closet System
- Best Coat Closet System: EZ Shelf Expandable Closet Shelf and Rod