These Are the Best Spatulas to Use for Eggs, Fish, Baking, and More
Sometimes simple is best. While there are numerous fancy and often expensive kitchen gadgets available—think sous vide cookers and smart phone operated appliances—spatulas are a basic tool used for flipping, stirring, spreading, serving, and more; they're an essential tool for the home cook. For how much this little utensil can accomplish, spatulas aren't expensive, but there are different styles to choose from. When shopping for spatulas, the type you purchase will ultimately down to the type of cooking you do most often, and it's quite likely that you'll need more than one type of spatula in your kitchen. If you're an avid baker, you may consider an offset spatula, which works well when mixing or scooping batters. Home cooks who often use nonstick cookware may choose silicone spatulas, which won't scratch the surfaces of their pots and pans.
Ahead, our picks for the best spatulas for every type of cook.
- Best Overall: Rubbermaid High Heat Silicone Spatula
- Best for fish: Martha Stewart Collection Stainless Steel Fish Turner
- Best for Eggs: OXO Good Grips Silicone Flexible Turner
- Best for baking: GIR Premium Silicone Spatula
- Best Set: OXO 3-Piece Silicone Spatula Set
- Best for Cast-Iron: Mannkitchen Professional Grade Stainless Steel Spatula