The Best Measuring Cups for All of Your Baking Needs
Whether you're a casual baker or a pastry chef in the making, dry and wet measuring cups are essential kitchen tools. But with so many different options out there—all varying in material, shape, price, and even the quantities they measure—it can be challenging to choose which are the best measuring cups to suit your needs. For Andrea Prunella, executive pastry chef at Chip City in New York City, stainless steel is the best material for measuring dry ingredients. "I prefer stainless steel measuring cups because they are the most sanitary and durable," she says. "They're also really easy to clean, which is very important."
When shopping for dry measuring cups, she recommends looking for something that's made with a durable material so that they don't contour or lose their shape over time. "This is important so all measuring can be accurate, which is very necessary when baking." Measuring cups with labels etched in—rather than printed on, as they are with plastic cups—are also something to look for, as printed labels can fade over time.
Best Measuring Cups to Buy Now
- Best Glass Measuring Cup: Pyrex Glass Measuring Cups
- Most Stylish Measuring Cup Set: Martha Stewart Collection Copper-Plated Measuring Cups
- Best Splurge-Worthy Measuring Cup Set: All Clad Stainless Steel Measuring Cups & Spoons Ultimate Set
- Best Best Nonstandard Measuring Cup Set: Crate & Barrel Stainless Steel Odd Size Measuring Cups
- Best Measuring Cups for Kids: Welcome Industries Visual Measuring Cups