A Bench Scraper Is the Versatile Tool You Need for All Kinds of Cooking and Baking Tasks
Professional chefs and bakers already know how useful a good bench scraper can be. This tool is used so often in pro kitchens that it practically become an extension of a chef or baker's hands. Whether it is referred to as a dough cutter, bench scraper, or bench knife, know that what you're looking at is a simple and sturdy kitchen tool that will be your secret weapon for faster, cleaner, and more efficient cooking prep.
Bench scrapers are made to cut biscuit and scone dough into shape, lift chopped ingredients up from the cutting board and into the skillet, and assist in kneading things like pasta and bread dough. It's the lesser-known uses for the bench scraper that will wind up being the most valuable once you get into the habit of always having this tool by your side. From scraping stubborn gunk from a messy kitchen counter to smashing cloves of garlic for fast peeling, a bench scraper a versatile and affordable tool that will make cooking tasks easier.
- Best Wood-Handled Bench Scraper: Williams and Sonoma Olivewood Bench Scraper
- Best for Heavy Use: Dexter Russell Sani-Safe 6x3-Inch Dough Cutter/Scraper
- Best Design: Tovolo Bench Scraper
- Best Set: Chef'n Pastrio Set Bench Scraper and Chopper
- Best for Kitchen Prep: Epicurean Scraper Series
- Best Flexible Scraper: BergHOFF International Leo 5-Inch Silicone Scraper