These Olive Oil Dispensers Make Drizzling Easy and Keep This Important Ingredient Fresh
Like us, you're probably a big fan and regular user of olive oil. We rely on it for cooking, baking, and making vinaigrette, but we also like to add a drizzle of good olive oil over pasta or soup as a finishing touch. If you have a special olive oil for finishing, does it need a special container, a cruet, which is otherwise known as an olive oil dispenser? Not necessarily, but it can be handy.
The cruet is a great tool for drizzling oil. You transfer oil from the bottle you purchased it into the dispenser because it's easier for pouring and looks better on the table. If you want to buy an olive oil cruet, don't go with clear glass. The cruet should be made of dark glass or an opaque material such as ceramic to protect the olive oil from light (which can make it turn rancid). Light, heat, and air are the enemies of olive oil, so while you may think your new cruet is worthy of storing on the countertop (we agree), make sure it's not stored beside the stove or on a window ledge.
Here, you'll find functional and beautiful olive oil dispensers for every budget and aesthetic.
- Best Overall: Emile Henry Oil Cruet/Oil Dispenser
- Best Stainless Steel: "Chic" Stainless Steel Olive Oil Cruet
- Best Budget-Friendly: Rachael Ray Slip Glaze Ceramics EVOO Olive Oil Dispenser
- Best Splurge: Ceramiche Borgioli Ceramic Oil Cruet with Florentine Fruttina Pattern
- Most Sustainable: Zitouna Stoneware Olive Oil Bottle