These Thermoses Will Keep Your Drinks, Desserts, and Soups Cool All Day Long
If you're planning a picnic, barbecue, or get-together at a local park or beach this summer, we can't underscore the importance of having cold, refreshing drinks on hand; they're an essential on a hot day, helping to cool you down when temperatures rise. While packing your beverages into a cooler is a good way to keep your drinks chilled, it isn't always enough. Whether it's been opened too many times, was left in the sun for too long, or simply isn't great at temperature retention, a cooler alone might only get you so far. That's why we suggest investing in a quality thermos—not only help you transport a beverage from point A to point B, but it will keep it cool all throughout your alfresco festivities.
Best Cold-Use Thermoses to Buy in 2021
- Best All-Around Thermos: Stanley Classic Stainless-Steel Thermos
- Best Small Thermos: Thermos Stainless Steel King 16-Ounce Vacuum Insulated Travel Tumbler
- Best Large Thermos: RTIC One-Gallon Jug
- Best Specialty Thermos: Zwilling J.A. Henckels Thermo Tea and Fruit Infuser Bottle
- Best Thermos for Serving: Cresimos Stainless Steel Airpot
- Best Budget-Friendly Thermos: Adorever Insulated Food Jar
Best All-Around Thermos: Stanley Classic Stainless-Steel 20-Ounce Thermos
This standard thermos is completely leak-proof and features a double wall vacuum-sealed design. Once you unscrew the lid, you can use it as a cup at your outdoor gathering. It keeps liquids cold for up to 30 hours or iced for up to five days.
Shop Now: Stanley Classic Stainless-Steel 20-Ounce Thermos, $34.05, amazon.com.
Best Small Thermos: Thermos Stainless Steel King 16-Ounce Vacuum Insulated Travel Tumbler
Best Specialty Thermos: Zwilling J.A. Henckels Thermo 14.2-Ounce Tea and Fruit Infuser Bottle
More than a thermos, this specialty bottle lets you infuse water for teas or flavored treats on the go. Simply place tea leaves, steeping herbs, and fruit in the integrated filter and serve drinks out of the pouring area with no residue. Cold beverages will stay chilled for up to 10 hours.
Shop Now: Zwilling J.A. Henckels Thermo 14.2-Ounce Tea and Fruit Infuser Bottle, $19.99, saksfifthavenue.com.
Best Thermos for Serving: Cresimos Stainless Steel Three-Liter Airpot
A pump lever makes it easy to fill bowls or cups from this thermos. It's a great option for a larger group as it can hold up to three liters and it keep everything cold for 24 hours thanks to its insulated vacuum technology.
Shop Now: Cresimos Stainless Steel Three-Liter Airpot, $45.50, walmart.com.
Best Budget-Friendly Thermos: Adorever 17-Ounce Insulated Food Jar
Store your favorite drink or chilled soups in this food jar to keep them cool for 12 hours. This brand requires you to fill the jar with cold water and let it sit for five to ten minutes as a pre-cool technique before adding the drink you want to chill for an outdoor party.
Shop Now: Adorever 17-Ounce Insulated Food Jar, $14.97, amazon.com.
- These Five Spooky Halloween "Finger" Foods Are Sure to Freak Out Your Guests
- In Need of Halloween Dinner Ideas? Here's What to Serve Before You Go Trick-or-Treating
- A Suitably Spooky and Totally Delicious Menu That's Perfect for a Kid-Friendly Halloween Party
- Add Unexpected Dishes to Your Rosh Hashanah Table with These Tips from an Expert with the Jewish Food Society