You'll Want These Multitasking Tools in Your Kitchen
Single-purpose kitchen tools can be clever, and when they're for the right job, they're often worth finding the counter or cabinet space for keeping around. With that being said, there's not enough storage space or patience in the world for a kitchen full of one-trick ponies. Here, meet the trusty tools that can help you to doing it all, from prep to cleanup.
Most of these multitasking tools retail for under $20, making their value even more impressive when you realize how many different things you can use them for. Take the humble bench scraper, for instance: Commit to setting it out on your kitchen counter for a week and notice as you keep reaching for it to help with tasks like chopping, scooping, and, yes, scraping. What about the homely named flour sack towel? It's been around since the time when people brought their flour home in actual sacks, but its place in the modern kitchen remains undisputed: Keep one stashed over your shoulder and you'll use it to wipe up messes, grab a hot tray from the oven, and quickly dry off a bundle of rinsed herbs.
Depending on the piece of equipment, it can pay to invest for quality. A good Dutch oven will last a lifetime, ensuring the next generation of home cooks will get plenty of use out of one of the original kitchen mainstays. And a pair of stainless-steel kitchen shears that can be run through the dishwasher without dulling or rusting is worth its weight in gold.
Our Top 10 Kitchen Multitaskers to Buy Now
- Best All-Around Multitasker: OXO Good Grips Stainless Steel Multi-Purpose Scraper & Chopper
- Best Cookware Multitasker: Martha Stewart Collection Enameled Cast Iron 6-Quart Dutch Oven
- Best Space-Saving Multitasker: Sur la Table Collapsible Colander & Steamer
- Best Cook-and-Clean Multitasker: Utopia Kitchen Flour Sack Dish Towels
- Best Prepping Multitasker: Messermeister Take-Apart Kitchen Shears