Our Favorite Immersion Blenders Make All Kinds of Kitchen Tasks a Breeze
Immersion blenders, which also go by the terms hand blender or stick blender, are as versatile as they are convenient, and a good one will make the need for a clunky countertop blender nearly obsolete. Small enough to tuck away in a utensil drawer and a cinch to clean, you will find yourself reaching for an immersion blender for all sorts of jobs, but where they really shine is when they are put to work on smaller tasks.
For puréeing a large batch of fibrous stewed carrots, you might still want to use a traditional blender if you have one; the stronger motor power and bigger blade will make quick work of blending them into a smooth product. But for smaller recipes, like homemade mayonnaise, whipped cream, creamy salad dressings, and milkshakes, a hand blender will perform flawlessly with a fraction of the clean-up effort.
Read on to find out our picks for best in class, from splurge-worthy to budget-friendly.
- Best All-Around Immersion Blender: Braun MultiQuick Hand Blender
- Best Splurge Immersion Blender: Vitamix Immersion Blender
- Best Budget-Friendly Immersion Blender: Mueller Austria Hand Blender
- Best Immersion Blender Accessories: Breville Control Grip Immersion Blender
- Best CordlessImmersion Blender: KitchenAid Cordless Variable Speed Hand Blender