Beauty Expert Say These Are the Very Best Hair Dryers to Buy Based on Your Hair Type
You don't need to visit the salon in order to get an amazing blowout. Achieving a sleek, styled look is entirely attainable at home—so long as you have the right tools, that is. In addition to a paddle or round brush, you'll need a hair dryer. And yes, quality definitely matters here. The average drugstore hair dryer that just does the basics—meaning only dries your hair—probably won't cut it if you're looking for professional-quality results. To help you find a tool that'll deliver time and time again, we asked a few experts to recommend some of the best hair dryers on the market today for every hair type.
When it comes to choosing the perfect hair dryer for your needs, think about these factors: speed, durability, and heat control. Your hair type should also come into play here—after all, you won't need a dryer that gets quite as hot for shorter, thinner hair. Luckily, there are plenty of options to choose from, but so many models on the market (each claiming to address a different need), choosing the right one for you can feel overwhelming. Here, Andrew Fitzsimons, hairstylist and founder of Naturally Drenched, Jamila Powell, Covet & Mane educator and owner of The Uncommon Mane Ian Sannicolas, and hairstylist Annagjid "Kee" Taylor break down the best hair dryers for every hair type and texture to help you make an informed decision.
The Best Hair Dryers to Buy in 2021
- Best for Straight Hair: Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer and Volumizer
- Best for Wavy Hair: BaBylissPRO Porcelain Ceramic Carrera2 Dryer
- Best for Type 3 Curly Hair: DevaCurl Devadryer and Devafuser
- Best for Type 4 Curly Hair: Gold N Hot Professional 1875W Ionic Strand Bonnet Dryer
- Best for Damaged Hair: T3 Cura Professional Digital Ionic Hair Dryer
- Best for Thin or Fine Hair: Remington Pro Hair Dryer with Pearl Ceramic Technology
- Best for Thick Hair: Dyson Supersonic Dryer
- Best Budget-Friendly Option: Revlon 1875W Infrared Hair Dryer
- Best Splurge-Worth Option: Dyson Airwrap Styler
- Best Overall: Remington Damage Protection Hair Dryer