The 10 Best Rug Pads for Any Floor and Carpet Type
Rugs can be expensive, so if you're going to invest in one for your home, you should do everything you can to extend its lifespan. That's where rug pads come in. These felt or latex pads are designed to go under your carpets to help protect your floors from things like heavy objects or accidental spills while minimizing rug wear. They also help keep your rug rooted in place so you don't slip. Plus, some of the thicker rug pads just make walking on your carpets a cushioned dream.
The type of rug pad you want depends on your rug size and your flooring type. If you have a slippery wood or laminate floor, it's important to choose a rug pad that will provide a good amount of grip. If you have a very thin rug, you won't want a thick pad because it could elevate the rug and cause people to trip. For an area rug, you may want a denser pad to make walking on it extra soft. Whatever your rug pad needs or desires, this list of the best rug pads has you covered. And if you already broke the bank to buy the rug, it's nice to know that the rug pad doesn't have to come at a high price, too.
Best Rug Pads to Buy Now
- Best Affordable: Safavieh Martha Stewart Non-Slip Padding
- Best Area: Wayfair Basics Dual Surface Rug Pad
- Best for Hardwood Floors: DoubleCheck Products Non-Slip Rug Pad
- Best Felt: Rug Pad USA 100% Felt Cushioning Rug Pad
- Best Thin: Mohawk 1/8-Inch Non-Slip Rug Pad
- Best Thick: Rug Pad USA Cushioning Rug Pad
- Best Strong Grip: Gorilla Grip Area Rug Pad
- Best for Laminate Floors: Ninja Gripper Rug Pad
- Best for Over Carpet: Grip-It Magic Stop Non-Slip Pad
- Best Outdoor: Wayfair Basics Deluxe Grip Outdoor Rug Pad