These Root-Concealing Products Will Get You from One Salon Visit to the Next
Sometimes it can feel as though your roots begin to show almost immediately after you've colored your hair. This annoying regrowth is inevitable for anyone who dyes their strands and makes it very difficult—and expensive!—to maintain your go-to shade. And while we're all for embracing silver and dark roots, if you're looking to extend the life of your color-treated hair, root-concealing products should definitely be on your radar.
Root-hiding products have come a long way over the past decade and boast innovative formulas that promise a natural and flawless finish. These convenient products come in powders that blend seamlessly with your natural hair, tinted sprays that deliver beautiful and highly-pigmented color, and cream-based sticks that target visible grays around the temples and hairline. All are are easy to apply, last all day without caking or flaking off, and wash out easily in the shower. Ahead, our favorite root-touch-up products to save you time, money, and a trip to the salon.
- The Best Spray Root Concealer: L'Oreal Paris Magic Root Cover Up Spray
- The Best Root Concealer for Targeted Coverage: Everpro "Gray Away" Quick Stick
- The Best Root Concealer for Dark Hair: Bumble and Bumble Bb. Color Stick
- The Best Root Concealer for Gray Hair: Rita Hazan Root Concealer Touch-Up Spray for Temporary Gray Coverage
- The Best On-the-Go Root Concealer: Garnier ″Express Retouch″ Gray Hair Concealer
- The Best Powder Root Concealer: Color Wow Root Cover Up