These Pretty Egg Cups Will Elevate Breakfast or Brunch
You have your trusty pot for boiling eggs, but how do you serve soft-boiled eggs? Using egg cups or holders make breakfast infinitely better. We say they're a necessity for soft-boiled egg fans, but they're also a simple way to add something new and pretty to your table without breaking the bank. If you're planning a special Easter breakfast or brunch, they're worth snapping up right now.
Before you start shopping, it's important to understand why these little egg accessories are so crucial: They're designed to hold a soft-boiled egg upright so that you can crack yours open and neatly dip toast into the deliciously runny yolk. They come in every imaginable style, from minimalist to mid-century modern to hand-glazed pottery, and you can easily find a style that first your budget. We found a few great options that start at less than two dollars each. And they're so compact that even the tiniest of kitchens have room for them. Some people even collect egg cups, a practice called pocillovy.
* Best Value: Crate & Barrel Classic White Egg Cups, $1.95 each, crateandbarrel.com
* Best Colors: Le Creuset Stoneware Egg Cup, $10 each, lecreuset.com
* Best Handmade: Helen Beard Ceramics Botanical Egg Cups, $21.90 each, etsy.com
* Cutest Design: Martha Stewart Collection Bunny Egg Cups, Set of 2, $18.99, amazon.com
* Best Egg Cup and Spoon Set: Marble Egg Cup and Egg Hammer Spoon, $68, food52.com
Looking for even more fabulous egg cups? Go ahead and treat yourself to one or more of these 15 stylish iterations and elevate your holiday tablescape or your morning meal.