This DIY confetti disintegrates once it gets wet. These tiny pieces come in all sorts of colors and shapes, including stars, bells, and hearts. Sew them inside glassine packets, and guests can tuck them away, then tear them open later.
Vanishing Confetti How-To
You'll need a 5-by-71/2-inch piece of card stock, 5-by-71/2-inch glassine sheets, a ruler, art paper printed with date and couple's names and cut into 3/4-by-6-inch strips, confetti, and a sewing machine.
- To make a guide for folding glassine, fold card stock in thirds and crease. Lay glassine on card stock. Lay ruler in crease to help hold steady, and fold glassine.
- Turn glassine over; center strip on top.
- Sew one end shut (3/4-inch seam allowance). Fill with confetti. Sew other end.
- Trim ends with scalloping scissors.
- This Couple Tied the Knot Under a Chuppah Surrounded by Aspen Trees in Colorado
- Ahead of Their 10-Year Wedding Anniversary, Jessica Biel Just Revealed How Justin Timberlake Proposed
- This Couple Hosted a Modern Wedding with Timeless Touches in a California Olive Grove
- Kate Middleton and Prince William Have Reportedly Found a New Home 10 Minutes Away from Queen Elizabeth