Cutest Photobomb Ever? A Dog Crashes His Owners' Engagement Pics!
When Megan Determan and Chris Kluthe took their 6-year-old dachshund, Louie, along for their engagement-photo session they never thought he'd steal the spotlight.
"It just made sense to have him in the pictures because he's our dog," Determan told Valley News Live.
Soon after arriving at Irvine Park near their St. Paul, MN home with Dan and Karin Berdal of DnK Photography, Megan and Chris realized just how much Louie loved (seriously, loved) to play in the fall leaves, which resulted in one adorable photobomb.
"As we were taking pictures of Megan and Chris we laughed as Louie bound through the leaves," Karin says. "The moment Dan got the photo of Louie mid-air staring straight in the camera, we knew it was something special."
"We've taken a lot of sweet, fun and wacky photos with pets, but Louie took it to another level," Dan and Karin posted on their blog.
"Photographing dogs is something we truly love to do. So whenever a couple asks if they can, we always giving a big, resounding YES-owning two rescue pups ourselves we know how much they become your family," Karin says.
If you're thinking about including your furry ball of love in your engagement photos, Karin gave us a few pointers about things to keep in mind:
- Adding your pet to a photo shoot often means doing things on their terms (unless Fido is well-trained or is highly treat-motivated).
- Choose a location and time of day with minimal distractions and bring lots of treats.
- If you can or think you'll need to, bring someone with you to help handle the dog when they aren't needed in photos (especially if the dog is a puppy, large, or particularly bouncy!)
- At the end of the day, just focus on being yourselves and capture life as it unfolds. Who knows, you could even end up getting a gem like this?
See more hilarious photos of Louie stealing his owners' spotlight here.
- 10 Items You Need to Pack in Your Wedding Dress Emergency Kit
- Kate Middleton and Prince William's Wedding Day Was an Emotional Highlight for Queen Elizabeth—Here's Why
- Arcade Games, Tarot Cards, and Cotton Candy Put a Festive Spin on This Couple's Wedding in Austin, Texas
- A Guide to the Most Popular Wedding Veil Lengths, Fabrics, and Colors