32 Things You Should Never Say to a Couple on Their Wedding Day
Please keep these questions and comments to yourself.
You might be surprised to hear this, but an impressive number of people will walk into a wedding and immediately start criticizing every decision the bride and groom has made. Have they forgotten the old adage, "If you don't have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all?" For those who may need a reminder, here are 32 questions and statements you should never-under any circumstances-bring to a couple's attention at their wedding. Whether you have good intentions or not, these are things the bride and groom just don't need to hear.
1. We can't believe you pulled it off!
2. Who's the hot bridesmaid? She stole the show!
3. Love the minimal look! You really didn't go overboard, did you?
4. It was so hard to hear the ceremony.
5. You should have a drink!
6. Your dress must have cost a fortune!
7. That hairstyle isn't the most flattering choice for you.
8. The food is cold/gross/weird.
9. Let's take shots!
10. Are you happy with the way it all turned out?
11. This wedding must've been really expensive!
12. Did you even think about a rain plan?
13. Are you okay? You look a bit tired.
14. How are you feeling about the whole marriage thing?
15. You should have just eloped.
16. We had this band/cake/dress/meal/DJ at our wedding, too!
17. I really don't want to sit at that table.
18. I know you said no kids, but we couldn't find a sitter. Sorry!
19. Is that groomsman single?
20. Can I give a speech?
21. Is your mom okay? She looks sick.
22. Are there any extra welcome bags? I'd love to take one for my kids.
23. Your makeup is going to look great in photos!
24. Everyone was so nauseated on the bus. So happy to be off that thing!
25. This place is gorgeous! We've been to like seven weddings here this year.
26. You're missing the something blue!
27. Why is there no tequila at the bar?
28. I can't believe you're still friends with Jane from college. What a weirdo.
29. Did you go on a crash diet? You'll have to tell me your secret.
30. I can't believe YOU are married! I never thought I'd live to see the day.
31. We have to run to another wedding reception now. See you later!
32. We heard there was a bit of a bridezilla (or groomzilla) moment this week. You okay?
- A Wedding with Timeless Elegance at a Historical Venue in Atlanta, Georgia
- Anna Faris and Michael Barrett Are Married—Here's What We Know About Their Secret Elopement
- How to Plan a Wedding-Weekend Bachelorette Party
- This Couple Exchanged Vows in Front of a 17th-Century Mission-Style Chapel with Mountain Views