Hand-Stamped Fabric Clutch
- Two types of fabric: one that's lightweight for the interior lining, and one that's heavier, such as a thick canvas or denim, for the exterior of the clutch. For the pictured bag, I chose a print for the lining and solid black for the exterior, to make it easier to customize with the ink or paint.
- Stamps or block-printing supplies with the design of your choice
- Ink or paint in the color of your choice
- Isn't That Sew pattern and instructions
- Sewing machine
- Matching thread
- Fabric-marking tools
- Scissors and/or a rotary cutter
- Iron and ironing board
- 9-inch zipper
Tip: Choose a bright zipper for a pop of color. You can even add a tassel for extra detail and easy pulling.
1. Cut two 12-inch-by-15-inch pieces from each fabric type so there are four total pieces.
2. Place your exterior fabric on a flat surface, dip your stamps into the ink or paint, and start customizing. You can either plan out your pattern or just go for it. I prefer to do the latter. You could even add a wedding monogram or initials.
3. When the paint or ink has dried completely, it's time to put it all together. As I am not a sewing expert, I followed Isn't That Sew's instructions, only without the leather strip at the bottom.
The result? A super-cute customized bag with a splashy interior to carry on the big day.
- 5 Ways You're Jeopardizing Your Relationship With Your Daughter- or Son-In-Law—and Your Child
- In Addition to Duke and Duchess, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Will Hold Other Royal Titles for Life
- The 20 Best Dresses to Wear as a Wedding Guest This Summer
- Ariana Grande Inspired These Grooms' Black-Tie Wedding in the Pacific Palisades