Floating Flowers Centerpiece
Keep the cross-table conversation flowing with elegant, low floral runners and place-card holders. They're easy on the eye and easy to re-create. Enlist lush peonies and gaylax leaves to compose your arrangements, then scatter artfully down the center of your reception tables.
What You'll Need
- CB2 "Modern" salad plate and dip dish
- Floral foam
- Gaylax leaves
- Three large peonies
How-To Make the Floating Flowers
- For the runner, cut floral foam, a spongelike anchor used by florists, to fit a 7-inch-wide shallow dish, and add water. Stick the stems of gaylax leaves into the foam. Then insert two or three large peonies, with stems trimmed, on top.
- For the place-card holder, cut floral foam to fit a 3 1/2-inch-wide shallow dish, and follow the directions above, except use only one peony. Tuck a place card inside the flower.
- James Middleton's Bride, Alizée Thevenet, Wore His Mother's Wedding Dress on Their Big Day
- What Will Princess Beatrice Name Her Baby Girl? These Are the Latest Predictions
- How Many Passed Appetizers Should We Serve During Cocktail Hour?
- Princess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi Have Welcomed Their Baby Girl