Heart-Shaped Origami Save-the-Dates
Send a little love to the friends and family being invited to your wedding.
- Origami paper (available at dickblick.com), or any square piece of paper
- Glue dots
- Fold paper in half; unfold. Fold sides in to meet in the middle.
- Fold sheet in half horizontally. With the folded edge at the bottom, crease bottom corners in so they meet in the middle, forming a point (like a paper airplane); unfold. Turn over, and reinforce the creases on the other side; unfold.
- Cut about a 1⁄2-inch notch at the top center, leaving you with four layers of paper. Form two more "paper airplane" points in front by folding in corners to meet; repeat on the flip side. Then, fold the top over each point (these will become the curves at the top of the heart). Unfold along the center, and invert so that all folded pieces face inward.
- To form a heart shape, squash-fold along the side creases created in Step 2.
- Secure the sides with glue dots, and slip your save-the-date information inside.
11-by-17-inch matte paper in coral, paperpresentation.com.
- Kate Middleton and Prince William Just Launched a YouTube Channel
- Do You Need a Wedding Coordinator for Your Big Day? Here's How to Decide
- Leave It to Hill House Home to Create the Perfect Getting-Ready Ensembles for You and Your Bridesmaids
- Michael Che Didn't Interrupt Scarlett Johansson and Colin Jost's Wedding After All