Old-Hollywood Waves Short Wedding Hairstyle
Finger waves dress up this otherwise simple chin-length look by New York City stylist Sarah Potempa. Here, the five easy DIY steps to create it on your own.
- Volumizing mousse
- Boar and nylon paddle hairbrush
- Small round ceramic brush
- 1⁄2-inch curling iron
- Bobby pins
- Extra-strong hold hairspray
- Duckbill clips
- Create a deep side part, then apply mousse to a paddle hairbrush. Brush product evenly through hair for volume and flexible hold.
- Blow-dry using a round brush. Comb strands upward to add lift at the roots.
- Using a curling iron, curl 1-inch sections, starting with the bottom layer of hair. Instead of releasing the curl, secure it with a bobby pin. Repeat the process, working through each layer of hair.
- Allow pinned curls to set for 10 to 15 minutes. When hair is cool, remove pins and apply hairspray to a paddle brush. Brush slowly through hair from roots to ends to break up curls and add texture.
- For maximum staying power, once your waves look the way you want, hold them in place with duckbill clips until it's time to debut the finished look.
- Love and Joy Were at the Forefront During This Intimate, Family-Focused Celebration in Occidental, California
- A Slice of Princess Diana and Prince Charles' Wedding Cake Is Up for Auction 40 Years Later—It Might Sell for $700
- Five Reasons Why You Should Talk to Your Friends About Wedding-Related Stress
- Soft Summer Tones and Beautiful Florals Abounded at This Family-Centric Celebration in Texas Hill Country