Rope Chair Back How-To
Tools and Materials
3/4-inch white rope
Needle and white thread (or white gaffer's tape)
- To create one knot, cut two 5-foot lengths of rope. Keeping the pieces parallel, make a loop in the center, passing the right-hand tails up and over the left-hand ones.
- Tuck the right-hand (or top) tails of the rope under the left-hand tails.
- Pass the right-hand tails through the center of the loop from the top.
- Grasp the two sets of tails (one in each hand), and pull firmly to evenly tighten the knot. Tightly wrap the rope tails around your chair so all four ends meet in the front (trim off any excess). Bind together by wrapping gaffer's tape around the ends, or by sewing.
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend Are Expecting Another Boy!
- My Wedding Venue Has a Bridal Suite. Should I Plan to Get Ready There?
- A Dreamy Sherbet Color Palette Drove the Design of This Garden Micro-Wedding in Colorado
- Al Roker and Deborah Roberts Shared the Sweetest Throwback Wedding Photos to Mark Their 25th Anniversary