How to DIY a Batik-Inspired Ring Pillow in 4 Easy Steps
- Muslin fabric (or other natural fabric like cotton or linen)
- Iron and ironing board
- Elmer's® Washable School Glue Gel
- Martha Stewart Crafts Paint in your choice of colors
- Mixing dish or palette
- Paint brushes
- Bowl or bucket filled with warm water
1. Iron your fabric before you begin so you have a smooth, blank canvas to work on. Then "draw" your design onto the fabric using the glue. Go graphic and bold or create an intricate floral pattern. Leave the fabric to dry thoroughly, preferably overnight.
2. After the glue has completely dried, mix your chosen color (or multiple colors) of Martha Stewart Crafts Paint with water. We used a ratio of approximately 1:1 water to paint. Gently brush the paint mixture onto the fabric and allow it to dry thoroughly.
3. Once the paint has dried, soak your fabric in a bucket or bowl of warm water. After a few minutes, gently massage off the glue and rinse well. Throw the finished fabric into the dryer or hang to dry before ironing.
- 5 Ways You're Jeopardizing Your Relationship With Your Daughter- or Son-In-Law—and Your Child
- In Addition to Duke and Duchess, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Will Hold Other Royal Titles for Life
- The 20 Best Dresses to Wear as a Wedding Guest This Summer
- Ariana Grande Inspired These Grooms' Black-Tie Wedding in the Pacific Palisades