Chalkboard Coffee Mugs
A cup of Joe tastes all the more delicious when sipped from this DIY cup designed by The Kitchy Kitchen's Claire Thomas. The addition of a blackboard surface provides a canvas for a morning message or brunch-worthy motif. Order up!
- 8 oz white coffee mug with handle
- ScotchBlue Painter's Tape
- 1-2 small-bristle paintbrushes
- Black chalkboard paint
- White chalk ink pen
1. Rip four strips of tape from the roll and stick them onto the mug, forming a large box.
2. Dip brush into black paint and color the inside of the box until the area resembles a chalkboard.
3. Let mug dry for two to three days, so the paint has time to cure.
4. Remove tape (don't fuss over blurred edges). Then take an ink pen and draw a design, like the heart shown here, inside the painted box.
Tip: These mugs are hand-wash only and cannot be preserved with sealant (it damages the chalkboard paint).
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Are Coming to New York City This Weekend
- A Relaxed Outdoor Wedding at the Bride's Family Ranch in Santa Ysabel, California
- James Middleton's Bride, Alizée Thevenet, Wore His Mother's Wedding Dress on Their Big Day
- What Will Princess Beatrice Name Her Baby Girl? These Are the Latest Predictions