DIY Coffee-Filter Garland
Tools and Supplies
Powdered dye, such as Procion MX Dye
Needle and thread
Monofilament fishing line
- In a plastic bucket, mix your dye with water according to the label's instructions.
- Wearing rubber gloves, dunk a large stack of coffee filters into the dye until they are saturated.
- Remove filters and wring them out over the bucket.
- Toss the colored filters in your dryer for a few minutes for a textured look -- no more than 10 minutes at most -- or let them air-dry for a more ruffled effect.
- Stack 12 together, and connect the layers by pulling a needle and thread through the center. Use your fingers to fluff up the edges like rosettes.
- Once you've got a bunch of puffs, string them on fishing line and tie knots on either side to keep them in place.
- A Musical Festival and a Green Couch Inspired This Couple's Whimsical Garden Wedding in California
- 9 Wedding Trends You'll See Everywhere in 2023, According to Wedding Planners and Event Designers
- 7 Wedding Dress and Accessory Trends Every Bride-to-Be Needs to Know About in 2023
- Princess Eugenie Is Pregnant With Her Second Child—and Is Due This Summer