Bridal Beauty Diaries: Lauren - The Icing on the Cake
- Both Tony and I have a major sweet tooth. So, when it came time to choose a wedding cake vendor, we were definitely up to the task. We met with three different companies before choosing a baker. This means we got to have three different cake tastings, yum! This was one of those moments when I really appreciated my Invisalign treatment as I was able to take my aligners out before going in. I'm so glad that I didn't have to go through it with traditional braces. I probably wouldn't have been able to focus on the cake tasting because I would have been worried about having food stuck in my brackets.
- Ultimately, we ended up choosing the baker whose product tasted the best, was the most enthusiastic about the style of our cake, and whose portfolio exhibited the level of detail we thought our type of cake would require.
- Tony decided to go with a three tiered, hexagonal wedding cake inspired byRon Ben-Israel's architectural masterpiece, molded to resemble plaster details. I pinned a picture of this cake on theBridal Beauty Diaries Pinterest board. It's absolutely beautiful! When Tony and I were browsing sites for ideas, we fell in love withthis cakepictured on the Martha Stewart website. We think it really reflects both of our tastes and styles, especially Tony's since he is an architect and really admires the level of detail.
My favorite cake flavors are almond and amaretto. I also really like red velvet and spice cakes. Luckily Tony loves all of these flavors too, so we haven't run into any conflicts in this department. We're not exactly sure which cake flavors to choose yet, but we do know that one of the tiers will be a red velvet/amaretto marble with a white chocolate ganache filling.
I wouldn't necessarily say that the dessert area will be a focal point at the wedding, but we do plan on having the photographer get some good shots of it along with, of course, the normal cake cutting and feeding each other bit too. The cake will be placed on a pretty piece of furniture, which leans up against the wall of the dancing area.
This was one of the really fun parts of the wedding planning process and I am so glad that my smile will be perfect for the cake cutting photos at the wedding, thanks to Invisalign!
Disclosure: I have received complimentary treatment from Invisalign in exchange for blogging about my bridal journey and treatment, and all opinions expressed are my own.
- How Late Is Too Late to Make Changes to Your Wedding Menu?
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Made the TIME 100 List—and Posed for Their Very First Magazine Cover
- Britney Spears and Sam Asghari Want to Get Married on the Beach—and Quickly
- "Fast and the Furious" Star Jordana Brewster Is Engaged to Tech CEO Mason Morfit