Ribbon Flower-Girl Basket
Send your flower girl down the aisle with a basic Nantucket basket that's spruced up with a ribbon fringe and handle—perfect for holding her petals.
- Small Nantucket basket
- 1/2-inch twill tape
- 5/8-inch grosgrain ribbon
- Tacky glue
- Needle and thread
- Cut 1/2-inch twill tape long enough to wrap around basket and overlap slightly.
- Cut 5/8-inch grosgrain ribbon to desired length; make enough strips to fit around basket.
- Fold each ribbon in half as shown, and pin onto twill tape. Alternate colors as desired.
- Hand-stitch ribbons to tape, and snip ends at an angle.
- For handle, lay 8-inch piece of ribbon across top of basket (do not pull taut), and attach to side just below rim with tacky glue.
- Glue ribbon-fringed tape just below rim, making sure to cover ends of handle ribbon.
- Trim ends of tape where they join.
- This Couple's Beachfront Wedding in Florida Had "Lagniappe"—a Little Something Extra
- How Late Is Too Late to Make Changes to Your Wedding Menu?
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Made the TIME 100 List—and Posed for Their Very First Magazine Cover
- Britney Spears and Sam Asghari Want to Get Married on the Beach—and Quickly