Ribbon Flower-Girl Basket
Send your flower girl down the aisle with a basic Nantucket basket that's spruced up with a ribbon fringe and handle—perfect for holding her petals.
- Small Nantucket basket
- 1/2-inch twill tape
- 5/8-inch grosgrain ribbon
- Tacky glue
- Needle and thread
- Cut 1/2-inch twill tape long enough to wrap around basket and overlap slightly.
- Cut 5/8-inch grosgrain ribbon to desired length; make enough strips to fit around basket.
- Fold each ribbon in half as shown, and pin onto twill tape. Alternate colors as desired.
- Hand-stitch ribbons to tape, and snip ends at an angle.
- For handle, lay 8-inch piece of ribbon across top of basket (do not pull taut), and attach to side just below rim with tacky glue.
- Glue ribbon-fringed tape just below rim, making sure to cover ends of handle ribbon.
- Trim ends of tape where they join.
- A Wedding Editor's Victorian Picnic Celebration by the Sea in Cape May, N.J.
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Just Used Their Children's New Titles for the First Time
- 18 Anniversary Quotes That Perfectly Sum Up Love and Marriage
- This Couple Exchanged Vows Beneath a Willow Tree During Their Golden Hour Wedding Ceremony