Rosemary Olive Oil How-To
To create this Italian specialty, let herbs sit out until they are bone dry, add a few snips to an empty bottle, pour in olive oil, cork, and seal with clip art.
Tools and Supplies:
- Fresh rosemary (1 to 3 sprigs per bottle)
- Olive oil (such as Divina extra-virgin olive oil; buy it in large tins for a more economical purchase)
- Bottle (such as Specialty Bottle 8.5-oz "Boston" glass bottle with cork, $2 each)
- Full-sheet self-adhesive sticker paper
- Craft knife
- Metal ruler
Olive Oil Favor How-To:
1. Assemble favors about 2 weeks before the wedding, so the flavors have time to infuse. Wash rosemary and pat dry; let sit in open air for at least 24 hours until thoroughly dry. (Not drying the herbs properly can lead to murky oil or even bacteria; err on the side of caution and dry completely.) Slip rosemary sprigs into each bottle. Use a funnel to pour in olive oil. Add the cork, and set in a cool place or even refrigerate.
2. To label the bottles, download our PDF file, and open it using Adobe Reader (if you are using a Mac computer, please use Reader instead of Apple's Preview application).
3. Replace the placeholder text on the cork band with your own (you only need to do this in one box; the form will automatically fill in the rest).
4. Print both pages of the Olive Oil Label Clip Art and the Olive Oil Cork-Band Clip Art onto sticker paper. (The cork-band PDF will create 44 strips per sheet; the label PDF will create 21. Print half as many sheets of cork bands as you do labels.)
5. Use a craft knife and a metal ruler to cut between the crop marks (do not cut all the way to the edges of the paper; this will leave the crop marks intact for subsequent cuts).
6. After filling and corking bottles, wash and dry them well. Apply main label to front of bottle, center the cork bands across the cork, and press them down the bottle on both sides. To prolong the life of the oil, refrigerate bottles.
- Prince William Didn't Watch Kate Middleton Walk Down the Aisle at Their Wedding—Here's Why He Missed This Moment
- These Brides Brought Their Romantic, Secret Garden-Themed Wedding to Life at an Art Museum
- 5 Ways You're Jeopardizing Your Relationship With Your Daughter- or Son-In-Law—and Your Child
- In Addition to Duke and Duchess, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Will Hold Other Royal Titles for Life