"Enjoy" Rolled Favor How-To
We created the wrapping paper for our favors by making a color photocopy of denim fabric (enlarged by 150 percent) onto rice paper (from NY Central Art Supply, $1.80/sheet, 800-950-6111). A sheet of rice paper trimmed to 8 1/2 by 11 inches or 11 by 17 inches will fit in a printer.
Tools and Supplies
- Ink-jet or laser printer
- Full-sheet adhesive labels, or sticker paper (each sheet creates 4 labels)
- Craft knife
- Metal ruler
- Cutting surface
- Salted caramel sticks ($9 each, deandeluca.com) or other oblong treat
- Wrapping paper (cut into 4 1/4-by-11-inch pieces)
1. Download our PDF file, and open it using Adobe Acrobat Reader (if you are using a Mac, use Reader instead of Apple's Preview application). Most browsers already include this program, but if you have trouble downloading the file or would like to upgrade Acrobat Reader, you can obtain the latest version of the software for free from Adobe's website.
2. Replace the placeholder text with your own (you only need to do this in one box; the form will automatically fill in the rest), and print the file onto the full-sheet labels.
3. Use the craft knife and metal ruler to cut between the crop marks (do not cut all the way to the edges of the paper; this will leave the crop marks intact for subsequent cuts).
4. Cut the wrapping paper to fit around the caramel stick with a small overlap and about 1 1/2 inches excess on each end (for our caramel sticks, that's 4 1/4 by 11 inches). Roll the caramel up in the wrapping paper, and seal with a sticker label. Twist the ends tightly to encase the candy.
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's Daughter, Lilibet Diana, Has Been Added to the Royal Line of Succession
- Can We Throw an Anniversary Party That's Bigger Than Our Wedding Was?
- Issa Rae Is Married—Just Wait Until You See Her Custom Vera Wang Wedding Dress
- The Couple Prioritized Timeless Sophistication at Their 11-Person Ceremony in Montecito