Spray-Painted Tulle Pouf
Festive pom-poms add cheer to any event space. Simply fashion inexpensive white tulle into different-size poufs, and mist with spray paint in your favorite color. String your handiwork up garland-style, or tape it around a door, bar, or escort-card table.
Tools and Materials
- Wrap tulle around a book, securing the first layer with your finger, then winding the material around roughly 25 times. (The more layers, the pouffier the puff.) Cut the tulle from its roll once you've finished your last layer and hold in place with a finger.
- Carefully slip the layers off the book and pinch them together in the middle with your fingers. Fold a length of floral wire over the center and twist to secure it in place.
- Snip the four sides of the bow-tie-esque tulle and cut off any excess wire. Use your fingers to fluff up the layers and form a ball.
- Lightly spritz the puff with spray paint, holding the can at least 12-inches away. Start with a light touch: you can always add more paint to create the desired color.
- In the New "Spencer" Trailer, We Get Our First Glimpse of Kristen Stewart in Princess Diana's Wedding Dress
- This Couple Released Butterflies During Their Secret Garden-Themed Ceremony
- Experts Share Their Favorite Cocktail Hour Games and Activities for Your Wedding Day
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Are Coming to New York City This Weekend