Registering for Servers, Cutlery, and Flatware
Whether you're simply tossing a salad or getting extra fancy with your fish-plating skills, these tools will make your job easier -- and help you look like a pro in the process (cooking classes not required). Check out the next few slides for details on the servers shown here.
Carving Fork and Knife
1. Match "Gabriella" carving fork and knife. These pewter pieces are handcrafted in Italy, tabulatua.com.
Serving Fork and Spoon
2. L'Objet "Hollow Braid" serving fork and spoon. Form meets function with a woven handle and platinum-plated stainless steel, homegrownpa.com.
Fish Serving Knife
4. Buccellati Silver "Empire" fish serving knife. The wide blade on this sterling-silver knife ensures mess-free plating, michaelcfina.com.
5. Towle "Old Master" asparagus server. This Victorian-style sterling silver scoop is dishwasher safe, lifetimesterling.com.
Cake Server and Knife
Turn special items, like this cake server, into treasured keepsakes by having them engraved with your names and wedding date.
6. Vera Wang by Wedgwood "Love Knots" cake server and knife. A subtle bow and delicate beading add a sweet touch to these silver-plated utensils, macys.com.
7. Teroforma "Lolo" salad servers. Sleek, perfectly balanced design -- ideal for the modern hostess, lekkerhome.com.
8. Iittala "Collective 2000" salad servers. These matte stainless-steel pieces, by Antonio Citterio, won the prestigious Design Plus Award in 2001, The Conran Shop, 866-755-9079.
9. Wallace "Grande Baroque" serving spoon. A classic sterling silver pattern since 1941, it (and its matching fork) are destined for family-heirloom status, lifetimesterling.com.
Remember what your mother told you: Don't judge a book (or a fork, knife, or spoon) by its cover. These pretty pieces were made to withstand breakfast, lunch, dinner, and even the dishwasher. See the details for our everyday flatware picks on the next few slides.
Stainless Steel Flatware
1. Kate Spade New York "Todd Hill." Faceted handles add understated elegance to simple stainless steel, macys.com.
Hammered Gold-Plated Flatware
2. Michael Wainwright "Gold Manhattan." Fit for loft-style living, the hammered gold-plated detailing was inspired by the New York City skyline, michaelcfina.com.
Reflective Stainless Steel Flatware
3. Crate & Barrel "Iona." Slick stainless steel with a glossy, reflective surface, crateandbarrel.com.
4. Seletti "Midas Golden Cutlery." A brushed matte finish gives gold plating midcentury-modern appeal, The Conran Shop, 866-755-9079.
Stainless Steel Flatware
5. Yamazaki "Grace." This stainless steel set relies on decorative finials to stand out on the table, bedbathandbeyond.com.
Martha's Favorite Flatware for Daily Use
6. Martha Stewart Collection with Wedgwood "Chorale." Clean lines make this stainless design Martha's favorite for daily use, macys.com.
Wood and Pewter Flatware
7. Arte Italica "Terra." Wood artisans hand-carved the faux bois pattern for the pewter-handled set, theregistryfranklin.com.
Flatware with a Worn Nickel Finish and Embossing
8. Pottery Barn "Maxfield." Flatware that looks like it's been passed down from your (stylish) grandma, thanks to a worn-nickel finish and embossing, potterybarn.com.
9. Sambonet "Filet Toiras." The polished gold plating -- complete with baroque touches -- will warm up any table, 888-921-9378.
Flatware with Ergonomic Handles
10. Fortessa "Caviar." Ergonomic handles round out the stainless design, surlatable.com.
Stylish Steak Knives
These slicing pros are extra-smart additions to your entertaining arsenal. Each looks as sharp as it works, and the craftsmanship will undoubtedly stand the test of time. See the details of these knives on the next few slides.
Ornate Silver-Plated Steak Knife
Filet Steak Knives
Intricate Steak Knife
4. Gorham "La Scala." Surprisingly intricate for a steak knife, this weighty sterling silver piece is also dishwasher safe, lifetimesterling.com.
Sterling Silver Steak Knife
5. Laguiole "Tout Inox Brosse." Stainless steel that's handcrafted from start to finish by one skilled artisan, williams-sonoma.com.
Stainless Hollow-Handled Steak Knives
Create a wish list of your favorite pieces from all over the web -- plus those from your existing registries -- at MyRegistry.com.
Serrated Steak Knives
10. Crate & Barrel "Stanton Satin." Serrated stainless for effortless carving, crateandbarrel.com.
Enlist these distinguished pieces to add elegance to your parties, holidays, and special occasions (even the daily ones). They aren't meant for the dishwasher, but they're worth the extra care. Find more details on these pieces on the next few slides.
1. Christofle "America." Faceted silver-plated handles bring Deco design to the table, michaelcfina.com.
Flatware with Leaf Pattern
2. Wallace "Grande Baroque." The classic Victorian acanthus-leaf pattern in gold plating livens up sterling silver, lifetimesterling.com.
Stainless Steel and Pewter Flatware
Porcelain and Gold-Plated Flatware
4. J.L. Coquet "Prelude Gold." The porcelain handles are 24 karat gold plated, michaelcfina.com.
7. Gorham "Buttercup." The flowery design is anchored by sterling construction, lifetimesterling.com.
Early English Flatware
8. James Robinson "Early English." Each piece in this set is shaped out of a single bar of sterling silver, 212-752-6166, via MyRegistry.com.
Gold-Plated Fish-Scale Flatware
9. Ricci Argentieri "Raffaello Gold." The stainless steel handles are wrapped with a gold-plated fish-scale design, silversuperstore.com.
1874 Style Flatware
10. Robbe & Berking "Alt-Kopenhagen." Its sterling pattern dates back to 1874, michaelcfina.com.
- A Slice of Princess Diana and Prince Charles' Wedding Cake Is Up for Auction 40 Years Later—It Might Sell for $700
- Five Reasons Why You Should Talk to Your Friends About Wedding-Related Stress
- Soft Summer Tones and Beautiful Florals Abounded at This Family-Centric Celebration in Texas Hill Country
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's Daughter, Lilibet Diana, Has Been Added to the Royal Line of Succession