Kym Johnson's Wedding Look Was on Fire—Literally!
Talk about a hot wedding dress.
There are a lot of things brides worry about leading up to the big day-and catching fire isn't usually one of them! But that's exactly what happened to Dancing With the Stars' Kym Johnson at her July 31 wedding to her former dance partner, Shark Tank's Robert Herjavec.
The train of Johnson's Monique Lhuillier wedding dress was to blame! The bride's gown came into contact with a candle on her way down the aisle-and you can guess what happened next.
"We smelled something and we thought, is someone having a barbecue?" Herjavec told People. "Then we realized that Kym's dress was on fire!"
Thankfully, Johnson's "man of honor" came to the rescue (maids of honor and best men out there, take note!) and stamped the flames out, but the damage was done: Johnson's dress is "singed" underneath.
Despite the mid-ceremony mishap, the couple carried on and exchanged vows before celebrating with what sounded like a super-fun reception. "People were still dancing at 2:30 a.m.," Herjavec said. "We didn't need to pay for the food! I don't think anybody ate."
Johnson isn't the only star to see smoke on the big day: Blake Lively's couture Marchesa ball gown caught fire at her romantic Charleston wedding to Ryan Reynolds in 2012 (see our exclusive photos!). We'll take it as a sign of good luck-provided it's safely extinguished, of course.
- Amal Clooney Just Revealed Her Favorite George Clooney Rom-Com—and It's Not What You Would Expect
- Queen Elizabeth Is Planning a Surprise for Kate Middleton Ahead of Her and Prince William's 10th Anniversary
- Just Wait Until You See the Loaded Pie Table at This Modern, Cultural Wedding in Brooklyn
- The Kids Stole the Show at This Formal Micro Wedding in St. Louis