Stenciled Favor Bags
These decorated muslin bags are just right for wrapping treats for wedding guests. Customize them with freezer-paper stencils (a technique that Martha Stewart Living editor Jodi Levine swears by). These custom-made stencils are great for decorating almost any cotton fabric.
Tools & Materials
1. Use a punch or a craft knife to cut a design into freezer paper to create a stencil. Using a craft punch, such as the one used for the small hearts, makes stenciling easy. Reserve any portions necessary to form a letter, such as the circle inside the lowercase g.
2. With a dry iron set to medium heat, iron the freezer paper (shiny side down) on the muslin.
3. Insert cardboard scrap into bag, and then dab craft paint on muslin.
4. Carefully peel away freezer paper while paint is still wet.
- Love and Joy Were at the Forefront During This Intimate, Family-Focused Celebration in Occidental, California
- A Slice of Princess Diana and Prince Charles' Wedding Cake Is Up for Auction 40 Years Later—It Might Sell for $700
- Five Reasons Why You Should Talk to Your Friends About Wedding-Related Stress
- Soft Summer Tones and Beautiful Florals Abounded at This Family-Centric Celebration in Texas Hill Country