Stenciled Favor Bags
These decorated muslin bags are just right for wrapping treats for wedding guests. Customize them with freezer-paper stencils (a technique that Martha Stewart Living editor Jodi Levine swears by). These custom-made stencils are great for decorating almost any cotton fabric.
Tools & Materials
1. Use a punch or a craft knife to cut a design into freezer paper to create a stencil. Using a craft punch, such as the one used for the small hearts, makes stenciling easy. Reserve any portions necessary to form a letter, such as the circle inside the lowercase g.
2. With a dry iron set to medium heat, iron the freezer paper (shiny side down) on the muslin.
3. Insert cardboard scrap into bag, and then dab craft paint on muslin.
4. Carefully peel away freezer paper while paint is still wet.
- These Are the Seven Wedding Trends You'll See Everywhere in 2022
- What Should You Do If One of the Groomsmen Is Missing on the Wedding Day?
- Elaborate Draping Created Nooks for Lounges, Cake, and Champagne at This Ballroom Wedding in Texas
- Sylvia Weinstock, the Iconic Wedding Cake Designer, Has Passed Away