Darcy's Diary: What I Love Right Now
Darcy Miller, the editorial director of Martha Stewart Weddings, spotlights a few of her favorite finds.
Sophie & Lili
Searching for a gift for your flower girl? Check out Sophie & Lili, a company that sells adorable dolls, totes, and accessories. The owner, Jen Vallez, is also an illustrator and paints custom wedding portraits.
You can commission a custom portrait. Go to her website and submit a full-length color photo. I love the idea of using her artwork on your wedding stationery or as a post-wedding keepsake.
Oscar de la Renta's New Home Collection
Newly engaged couples looking for ways to set their table in style don't need to look any further than Oscar de la Renta! How chic is their new "Coralina" china collection? It's inspired by the floral motifs on one of his designs. Prices from $35 to $369, oscardelarenta.com
One thing every bride needs? Good beauty advice. Earlier this week, I attended a bridal beauty event at the Pronovias Flagship Store in New York City, where celebrity makeup artist Pati Dubroff revealed some of her best tips.
Here a few things I wanted to share from the #PronoviasMasterclass:
- • Create story boards using red-carpet looks and color swatches.
- • Book a makeup trial.
- • Skip the false eyelashes-tears and eye drops loosen them!
- • No air brushing, it lacks the details.
- • Bring blotting papers and cue tips with you on your wedding day.
- How Late Is Too Late to Make Changes to Your Wedding Menu?
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Made the TIME 100 List—and Posed for Their Very First Magazine Cover
- Britney Spears and Sam Asghari Want to Get Married on the Beach—and Quickly
- "Fast and the Furious" Star Jordana Brewster Is Engaged to Tech CEO Mason Morfit