Half-Up, Half-Down Curly Wedding Hairstyle
This look offers face-framing control and lush fullness at the same time, especially for thick, textured hair. With a curling iron, New York City stylist Sarah Potempa refined several spirals, then gathered hair into a thick braid in back and secured with two crisscrossed bobby pins before taming errant strands.
- Curling iron
- Bobby pins
- Smoothing crème
- Perfect any unruly curls by twisting errant strands around a curling iron.
- For this half-up, half-down look, section out pieces of hair from each side of the head.
- Begin braiding each section into a thick braid as it's being pulled back. When the two braids meet in the middle, combine hair to create one braid down to the ends. Secure the braid in the center with two bobby pins in an "X" shape. Put any stray hairs into smaller detail braids.
- Maintain curls with a finishing touch of smoothing crème.
Cutler Specialist Fly Away Control Stick, $23; naturallycurly.com.
- This Couple's Beachfront Wedding in Florida Had "Lagniappe"—a Little Something Extra
- How Late Is Too Late to Make Changes to Your Wedding Menu?
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Made the TIME 100 List—and Posed for Their Very First Magazine Cover
- Britney Spears and Sam Asghari Want to Get Married on the Beach—and Quickly