Half-Up, Half-Down Curly Wedding Hairstyle
This look offers face-framing control and lush fullness at the same time, especially for thick, textured hair. With a curling iron, New York City stylist Sarah Potempa refined several spirals, then gathered hair into a thick braid in back and secured with two crisscrossed bobby pins before taming errant strands.
- Curling iron
- Bobby pins
- Smoothing crème
- Perfect any unruly curls by twisting errant strands around a curling iron.
- For this half-up, half-down look, section out pieces of hair from each side of the head.
- Begin braiding each section into a thick braid as it's being pulled back. When the two braids meet in the middle, combine hair to create one braid down to the ends. Secure the braid in the center with two bobby pins in an "X" shape. Put any stray hairs into smaller detail braids.
- Maintain curls with a finishing touch of smoothing crème.
Cutler Specialist Fly Away Control Stick, $23; naturallycurly.com.
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Shared an Adorable New Photo of Archie in Honor of His Second Birthday
- Ahead of Mother's Day, John Legend Shared What It Really Means to Be a Supportive Husband and Father
- The Day After Their Nuptials, This Duo Treated Guests to an Al Fresco Brunch and Pool Party
- Kate Middleton and Prince William Just Launched a YouTube Channel