Cut-Out Wedding Invitation How-To
The key to the whimsical collection shown is to mix your media.
First, commission this suite's paper elements from Print Icon (printicon.com). Then add the fabric yourself, using an adhesive laminating machine like the Xyron (available at craft stores). The invitation has Liberty of London "Tana Lawn" fabric ($37/yd, bandjfabrics.com) adhered behind the cut-out initials, and denim covering the back.
Tools and Supplies
1. Cut a square of print fabric that's big enough to cover your invitation's cutouts. Attach it to the back, color showing through initials, with double-sided tape.
2. Cut a piece of denim that's the same width as the invitation and 1 inch longer. Run it through an adhesive-laminating machine to apply a sticky coating to the back of the fabric.
3. Affix the denim to the back of the invitation, folding the extra inch around the bottom so it creates a border.
- Mandy Moore and Taylor Goldsmith Are Expecting Their First Child!
- Tia and Tamera Mowery's Youngest Brother, Tavior, Is Married!
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Are Heading Back to the United Kingdom for the Holidays
- Is It Wise to Take Out a Joint Credit Card with Your Significant Other Before Marriage?