Embroidery Hoop Centerpiece How-To
Learn how to make these Bohemian chic hanging wedding centerpieces from embroidery hoops.
1. Search for fabric that's delicate and allows light to pass through; gauze linen and sheer organza, like the ones we used here, are great options. Striped linen (#834), B&J Fabrics. "Jules" sheer organza in daiquiri and golden gold by Wolf Home, from Silk Trading, 212-358-8800.
2. Stretch the fabric tautly over the inner, smaller hoop over it with the screw clasp at the top (use the screw to adjust the outer hoop for a snug fit). Embroidery hoops, 6 to 14 inches, from Michaels.
3. Trim excess fabric closely with a craft knife or small scissors.
4. To hang, tie one end of a ribbon around the screw clasp.
- 10 Items You Need to Pack in Your Wedding Dress Emergency Kit
- Kate Middleton and Prince William's Wedding Day Was an Emotional Highlight for Queen Elizabeth—Here's Why
- Arcade Games, Tarot Cards, and Cotton Candy Put a Festive Spin on This Couple's Wedding in Austin, Texas
- A Guide to the Most Popular Wedding Veil Lengths, Fabrics, and Colors