10 Things We Learned About Real Housewives of New York City's LuAnn de Lesseps's Upcoming Wedding
Find out what kind of an event the Countess is planning!
Luann de Lesseps is heading down the aisle to marry Tom D'Agostino, Jr. later this year, so our Special Projects Editor Anthony Luscia caught up with the Real Housewives of New York City star to talk all things weddings.
The Facebook Live interview included a sneak peek at her new bedding line "Styled for Living," which features a bridal-inspired set called "Hopeless Romantic," and some wedding dos and don'ts from the Countess herself: Cake in the face? No! Cell phones at weddings? Only at certain times. Drunk guest? Serve them coffee, or sparkling water instead of vodka soda. But of course, we had to ask about her own upcoming nuptials, too. Here's what we found out.
1. Where, when, and how big.
It's going to be New Year's Eve, in Palm Beach, with about 250 people: "I feel like people are always like, 'What do we do this year for New Year's Eve?' and it happens to be Tom's 50th birthday, and it falls on a Saturday night … so there's a lot to celebrate!"
2. The style will be traditional.
"It'll be the first time I'll wear a wedding dress, because I eloped the first time," LuAnn said, adding that she will wear white. "I want Tom to see a bride coming down the aisle." She's already started the wedding dress search, with visits to Randi Rahm and Amsale under her belt.
3. Her kids will serve as flower girl and ring bearer.
It's more unconventional than it sounds: Her son, Noel, is 19, and her daughter, Victoria, is 21. "They're going to be bigger than most kids who are the flower girl and ring bearer, but they're my children." Adorable!
4. Most of the RHONY ladies are not involved in the wedding planning.
"The ladies aren't helping me plan-specifically a couple-definitely not," LuAnn said.
5. But cast member Dorinda Medley will be a bridesmaid!
"Dorinda introduced us, so she's going to be one of my bridesmaids," LuAnn said. "So if anybody, Dorinda might help me out, shopping a little bit. We're working on the bridesmaids' dresses."
6. The wedding will (probably) not be on TV.
When asked if the big day will be documented for the show, she said, "I don't think so."
7. She wants the traditional bride-and-groom cake topper.
"Now we have to find one with a brunette bride and bald groom," she said.
8. The bachelorette party will likely be in Miami.
LuAnn thinks it's the best destination for the prewedding celebration. "It's not too far, it's easy traveling over there. Lots of great restaurants and hotels," LuAnn said. "I actually have a girlfriend who's talking about that with me. We might do Miami-you're the first to know! We talked about it this morning, literally."
9. She already has a "wedding crasher".
A guest added her own uninvited plus one to the RSVP, but the etiquette expert handled it like a pro: "I know the girlfriend, so I let it slide."
10. Her song "Money Can't Buy You Class" will not be played at the wedding.
It may be the TV personality's own song, but it's the one song that she says shouldn't be played. Her other song, "Chic C'est La Vie" is allowed on the play list. Other approved songs? "Green Eyes" by Coldplay, and "Hallelujah" by Rufus Wainwright (she wanted the singer to come perform it himself but he's going to be across the country on the big day).
Watch the whole thing below!
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Are Coming to New York City This Weekend
- A Relaxed Outdoor Wedding at the Bride's Family Ranch in Santa Ysabel, California
- James Middleton's Bride, Alizée Thevenet, Wore His Mother's Wedding Dress on Their Big Day
- What Will Princess Beatrice Name Her Baby Girl? These Are the Latest Predictions