Painted-Sole Bridesmaids Heels
Even inexpensive neutral-toned pumps can channel a brighter color in your wedding palette so your friends will look great coming—and going. To achieve the personalized touch, we used gouache, a highly pigmented opaque paint that dries to a matte finish.
- Shoes with a smooth sole
- Patterning tape
- Artist gouache
- Nylon utility brush
- Tape off edges of sole with patterning tape.
- Apply a thin, even layer of gouache to the sole, using the brush. Follow with more coats as needed, letting the paint dry between each application.
- Once dried completely, apply sealant with a clean brush to keep the color from running or streaking. Remember, stepping out in shoes with pink (or blue!) soles should make a lasting impact on your guests-but not on your venue's floors.
- In the New "Spencer" Trailer, We Get Our First Glimpse of Kristen Stewart in Princess Diana's Wedding Dress
- This Couple Released Butterflies During Their Secret Garden-Themed Ceremony
- Experts Share Their Favorite Cocktail Hour Games and Activities for Your Wedding Day
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Are Coming to New York City This Weekend