7 Ways to Upgrade Your Wedding Menu
The one thing wedding guests will always remember about your big day? The food! Here, Jess Levin from Carats & Cake asks a few wedding-industry pros to dish on the easiest ways to create a wedding menu that's memorable for all of the right reasons.
Welcome Your Guests Right
"Before the ceremony welcome guests with passed Champagne. The arrival is the first impression of what the night will be like and there is nothing more elegant than a line of servers holding silver trays with Champagne flutes as friends and family enter the reception!"
- Leonardo Lorenzo, Associate Director of Catering at Lotte New York Palace
Create Something Custom
"The days of the meat and potatoes banquet style menu is buried deep within our history books. In order to elevate what you serve, stay away from any preset options and create a bespoke menu that is 100 percent uniquely you."
- Chef Ryan Murphy, Executive Chef, Topping Rose House
Play with Seasonal Flavors
"Embrace the seasonal foods available. During the fall, offer your guests a warm soup shooter or a made-to-order grilled cheese station during cocktail hour."
- Mary Wright Shah, Owner, Diamond Affairs Weddings and Special Events
Replicate a Family Recipe
"Incorporate personal favorites. If you have a favorite family recipe, share it with the catering team prepping your wedding to either have them replicate or re-imagine as a fun way to add a personal touch to your wedding day."
- Allyson Levine Joseph, Executive Event Producer & Vice President of Sales, Bob Gail Special Events
Think in Pairs
"Create a custom cocktail or wine pairing to serve with each menu course."
- Thomas Preti, Co-Owner/Founder, Thomas Preti Caterers
"Your menu should incorporate who you are as a couple, what you like, and where you are from. For example, we have a couple who is originally from Andalusia, Spain so we worked closely with them to design a customized menu that incorporates flavors and concepts from their homeland. We are even creating a Tapas Restaurant experience using the show kitchen with its built-in plancha."
- Mariam Karim, Director of Catering and Conference Services, Four Seasons Hotel New York
End the Night on a Sugar High
"Play up your dessert with a variety of sweets and mini versions of your favorite treats."
- Jami Pennings, Catering Sales Manager, Wolfgang Puck Catering
- In the New "Spencer" Trailer, We Get Our First Glimpse of Kristen Stewart in Princess Diana's Wedding Dress
- This Couple Released Butterflies During Their Secret Garden-Themed Ceremony
- Experts Share Their Favorite Cocktail Hour Games and Activities for Your Wedding Day
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Are Coming to New York City This Weekend