Blue and Silver: Shimmery Settings
Given its many components, a table setting communicates a palette in vibrant detail. Here, inexpensive beribboned lanterns in shades of blue make a big impact. A plain tablecloth is dressed up with a striped runner -- we just cut fabric to size and hemmed the ends. The simple centerpiece consists of glass candleholders wrapped in patterned paper and metallic ribbons, plus blue hydrangeas in silver footed bowls. Silver chairs and napkins with blue borders round out the motif.
Wrapped Cylinders How-To
Round up cylindrical glass candleholders in various sizes.
1. Cut a piece of patterned paper that is as tall as the cylinder and wide enough to wrap around it with an overlap of 1 inch or so.
2. Use double-sided tape to affix one edge of the paper to the cylinder; roll, and tape other end.
3. Wrap narrow ribbon around the cylinder, and knot.
4. We clamped a ribbon clasp from Print Icon over each knot for a decorative finish.
Perfect Palette: Blue and Silver
- A Provence-Inspired Garden Wedding in a Private Olive Grove
- A Luxe, Romantic Vision Drove This Couple's Elegant Outdoor Celebration in Napa Valley, California
- You Aren't Imagining Things—Everyone Really Does Get Engaged During the Holiday Season
- How to Compromise with Family About Having a Destination Wedding