How to DIY Your Wedding Veil (It's Surprisingly Easy!)
- Fabric of choice
- Metal comb
- Liquid seam sealant
- Sewing needle and thread that matches fabric color
- Hot glue gun
1. Choose a fabric that suits your dress, such as textured organza, fishnet tulle, silk organza, or dotted tulle, then cut it to your preferred length (our veil is 24 inches) and width (1 yard should do it), allowing one extra inch to attach the fabric to the comb. For organza, secure the cut edges with liquid seam sealant.
2. Make a straight stitch along the edge you'll attach to the comb; leave the end unsecured. Pull the thread until the fabric gathers to fit the comb's width.
3. Hot-glue the gathered edge to the comb and let it dry; slide the teeth in just above your bun.
- 10 Items You Need to Pack in Your Wedding Dress Emergency Kit
- Kate Middleton and Prince William's Wedding Day Was an Emotional Highlight for Queen Elizabeth—Here's Why
- Arcade Games, Tarot Cards, and Cotton Candy Put a Festive Spin on This Couple's Wedding in Austin, Texas
- A Guide to the Most Popular Wedding Veil Lengths, Fabrics, and Colors